Thursday 17 June 2010

DAY AT THE RACES

This week has started really well, apart from being the week that leads up to my old age (60). Ascot is proving to be such a success for Browns. With the World Cup still to take off something good has to happen. How bad was Green for England and why do we praise Gerrard so much ?

The phones here will not stop ringing, Peter junior has done very well in winning a major contract for the Farnborough Airshow so if anyone out there is holding back before reserving a car you need to phone our control office very soon or you might be disappointed. It's a briliant day out for the kids as well as the people who want to purchase a plane, you get to see take offs and landings of commercial and military aircraft from an unusual perspective.

Wimbledon fortnight is my favourite two weeks of the year, I will spend hours in front of the tv watching as well as getting to SW19 a couple of times for the live show. I hope that Murray does a little better than the last few tournaments he has played in or I might start a petition to have him renamed Andy Henman Murray. We have one or two very good players at BCH who would give him a run for his money the way he is playing. Maybe he should look at the effort Marcos Baghdatis puts into his game, the Cypriot comes from an Island that has a population of only half a million and has many supporters at Browns.

Last Monday we took delivery of our new Mercedes S Class cars and boy are they the dogs .......... we are now waiting for the smaller cars to arrive which we hope will be just as good. It's a huge investment but the time is right, all we need to do now is get the custom to fulfill their worthiness and more importantly pay for them.

Tomorrow (Friday) I am off on a mystery weekend arranged by the family to celebrate my coming of age and the qualification for my freedom pass. Do I feel old, not really as long as I have young people around me to sponge on their energy I will be fine. Mind you things happen to you as you grow older the most important thing being you become wiser and a lot more stubborn.

People, I'll be back.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment