Thursday 1 April 2010

You have to love a long weekend...

Yesterday I found the best piece of news, researchers at Oxford University have suggested that playing Tetris at work can assist in the treatment of stress. This can only mean one thing for me, digging out my gameboy (from the early 90's) and bringing it to work!

"What do you mean I can't play my gameboy at work boss? Read this article"

I'm not too sure that it would work but if you want to read the article and then show it to your boss when you get caught, click here

So, being that it's a long weekend (Easter I'm told) I plan to spend most of my time in London. For me Easter means a huge lunch on Sunday with the family but the rest of the time trying to fill in my time off. Although, I have just seen the weather forecast for the weekend. It does not look good but I won't let a bit of wind a rain put me off (although, I look out my window at work now and the sun is shining).

So, this week, I've been working on rolling out a new service that we can now provide here at Browns. We now have the capability to send SMS text messages to our customers. We have toyed with the idea for a while now and finally we thought it was worth it. We imagine the best use for it is when you have chauffeur booked early in the morning and you don't want the driver to ring your doorbell when he arrives, waking up the household. Instead, we will send you a text message informing you that your driver is outside, what car he is in, it's colour, it's registration and the drivers mobile number.

We can also send you a text message for pre-booking requests. We get a lot of requests for driver and car details for security reasons on specific jobs. We can now send all this information through to you via this SMS service. One thing that I will not be using this service for is any promotional use, I know how annoyed I get when I receive a text from a business. So, I will keep all my giveaways and promotions on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

I can't write this without mentioning the BA strike. It still shocks me that they were losing £5million a day because of it but bad press is good press, right? Peter in our office was affected by the strike. He was due to be going to Phoenix on Saturday but BA cancelled his flight, the only flight he could get was one to Las Vegas. I bet he is really annoyed with that!
Well, I better leave it there. It's lunch time! I wish you all a lovely Easter weekend and see you (virtually) next week.

Don't eat too many Easter Eggs!

George x

No comments:

Post a Comment